All GP Practices are contracted to provide “Essential Services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following services…
- Child Health surveillance
- An annual Flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and the patients at risk
- Pneumococcal Vaccination
- Contraceptive services
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with Heart Disease/Hypertension/Asthma/COPD/Diabetes/Epilepsy/Mental Health/Hypothyroid/Atrial Fibrillation/Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cervical Smears
- Immunisation of children
- Immunisation for adults in relation to Travel (Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS. Please make an appointment with our Practice Nurse for details).
- Treatment Room Facilities
- Smoking Cessation
DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:-
ADVISORS CAN STILL BE CONTACTED ON 0800 916 8858 OR Quityourway.scot https://www.nhsinform.scot/campaigns/quit-your-way-scotland?utm_medium=301&utm_source=quityourway.scot
This service within the Health Centre is temporarily suspended due to coronavirus :-
Smokefree Services run a drop-in support service at Gorbals Health & Care Centre every Monday 10am-1.00pm. They support thousands of people every single year towards a smokefree future and best of all the service is completely FREE.
Click here and work out how much money you could save by stopping smoking. Holidays, new furniture and paying off debts are just some of the things that people do with the extra money they save by stopping smoking.
Saving money isn’t the only benefit of stopping- many people report their senses of taste and smell returning, the colour and texture of their skin improving, being less breathless, and generally having better health with less chest infections.
Overcoming addiction can be difficult, but thousands of people do it with our support every year. Don’t just take our word for it; you can download our FREE e-book to read top tips for stopping smoking from people who have done it and see the strategies other people have used to be successfully quit.
To STOP NOW you can follow the link below to Smokefree Services’ online booking page, or call the South Sector team on 0800 028 5208 or 0141 232 4581.